Aside from physical pain, there is only a short list of things that make me cry.
- Airport reunions.
- “Pomp and Circumstance” during graduation processionals.
- Standing ovations that are truly deserved.
- That coffee commercial where the brother comes home from Africa at Christmas and the sister sticks the bow on him and says, “you’re my present this year.”
- First time winners of grand slam tennis events.
- The medley of armed forces theme songs they play at military band concerts and all the old guys get up to represent their branch.